Wednesday, October 8, 2014

October Student of the Month

Grace Oh



Grace Oh takes voice and piano lessons at Harris Academy of the Arts. She also plays piccolo in marching band and flute in concert band at school. This 15 year old, who is in the top 3% of her class, aspires to become a general surgeon or an anesthesiologist. Her favorite classes in school cover anything related to math and science. In addition to her studies in school, band activities, and private lessons, Grace also joined Science Olympiad to challenge herself. Put all that together – this girl is a go-getter!

Cristina Vlad, Grace’s piano instructor, has seen Grace’s hard work and dedication firsthand in lessons: “Being involved in several activities, she is showing improvement in her piano playing every week.” We snuck into one of Grace’s recent piano lessons to share some footage. You’ll find that she and Cristina “get down to business” and work hard – and it really pays off!

More About Grace:

What are your favorite songs?
I like “Tomorrow” from the musical Annie and “Memory” from the musical Cats.

What other hobbies do you have besides music?
I would read and write for most of the time, and occasionally I would draw, paint, or craft if I have enough time.

What is your favorite food?
My favorite food is pineapple upside-down cake.

What is a little known fact about you?
I can speak fluent Korean.
I’m left handed.
I have a saltwater aquarium with a pair of clownfish and a starfish.

Instructors:
Cristina Vlad
Katie Morris


No comments:

Post a Comment